Friday, December 31, 2010

December CTMH Workshop Samples

In December I had two Close to my Heart workshops.  First was my monthly card workshop where we made the following three cards. 

This first card was made using a technique with an xacto knife and mounting tape.  We cut out just the top half of the crown with the xacto knife and then put mountin tape under just the top, cut out portion of the crown so that when the whole piece of cardstock was glued down the top part was raised.  It turned out really cool, then we added some sparkle to the crown to finish it off.

This second card was made with the Close to my Heart December stamp of the month.   We used the edge distresser on all sides of the papers and then even roughed up the edges of the B&T paper some more before adhering to the card base.  We created a cluster of images at the top of the card, stamped a border on the card base and ink distressed the edges and finishing off with ribbon and a pearl gem on top.

The final card we made was using one of Close to my Heart's new acrylic cards.  It is round with a scallp edge.  Just use a tombow adhesive to attach your paper to the acrylic card.  It was a pretty simple card to put together, just stamping the background and the "Love U" image on a small piece of cardstock and then gluing everything together.
At the Scrapbook workshop we made the Magician's Choice layout with an Accordian Booklet interactive element on the page.  This was such a fun layout to create.  I had tons of cute pictures of my grand-niece, Mia, that I wanted to use so the Accordian Booklet was perfect to use.  The left page of the layout features a big picture of her just moments after she was born, then smaller pictures of her with her mom and dad.  The right page of the layout features pictures of Mia with me and my son and daughter. 

The Accordian Booklet first page features a picture of her little feet, so cute!  As you untie the ribbon of the Accordian Booklet, it opens up to show a whole bunch more pictures on the front side of the booklet and then even more cute pictures on the back of the left side and the right side of the booklet.  So cute and really fun to make.  Close to my Heart's new idea book, Magic, has so many fun new layouts with all the directions to make these fun interactive pages.



  
 Here are some layouts that I made with Studio J, Close to my Heart's now online digital scrapbooking program (just go to my website renaemcbarron.myctmh.com and click on the Studio J button to play with the program, it is free until you want to buy your project when it is complete).  This program is so fun and so addition and the best part is that it is easy and so quick.  I am having fun doing both digital scrapbooking and classic paper
scrapbooking.  Both are great and I truly can't decide which I like more, they both tap into my creative side and I love the results of both!  I hope you enjoy what I created!                 

No comments: