Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CTMH 3 Ring Binder

I got this idea from Joanne Walton she had one made with Close To My Heart Animal Crackers papers and it was so cute I decided to make my own. I used CTMH Topstitch papers and My Stickease and added some bling with CTMH Sparkles and ribbon. I'm going to have some of these available to make at my next Project Night on January 22. This is picture is the front cover.




This is the back and the binder edge.







These are the inside front and inside back covers.








This is page 1 front and back





This is page 2 front and back.








This is page 3 front and back







This is page 4 front and back






This is page 5 front and back
This was so easy to make, all the front pages are the same measurements and the back pages are the same measurements. I used only two different B&T Duo patterns and just flipped flopped them and turned them around. The enhancements are My Stickease so really easy to add. I used Glue Dots to add the ribbon to the tabs on the pages and the tabs on the top of the pages come in the Topstitch My Stickease package. Then just add the Sparkles wherever you want them and you are done!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Regional Conference Projects

Here are some of the projects we made at the Close To My Heart Regional Conference almost a year ago. The spiral bound journal (using the Grace papers) is something new that will be offered in the Spring 2010 catalog out January 1, 2010. We used the Jingle papers for the cards, the Neighborhood stamp set for the Home layout below and the Twitterpated papers and My Stickease for the It's a Wide World layout.




















Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dream Come True


I had been having a recurring dream for years, I would be in my home (and it always looked different) and find myself walking by a room not really being used or discover a room in the house I hadn't noticed before and I would say, "I could use this room as my scrapbook room." In December, 2008 we bought a bigger house and I thought it was time for my dream to come true. There was a room in the daylight basement that would be perfect! The dream turned quickly into a nightmare as on January 9, 2009, the first day in the house we found broken pipes damaged walls and so on. My dream room was torn to shreds to repair all the damages. We moved in on February 12, 2009, but still had alot of repair work ahead of us. This first picture is what one side of the room looked like (the opposite corner had its walls ripped out too from a foundation leak) this second picture is one view of the room before the previous owners moved out (they let us take pictures before hand so we could do some planning). The last three pictures are the finished room. On the black shelves I have my scrapbooking that I'm working on and also discontinued Close To My Heart product that is on sale at a discounted price. My desk is in a U shape so that I can use one area for scrapbooking, one for stamping and the other for computer work. I have three tables set up all the time so it is always ready for guests (I can seat 12 people at a time). I have a few sample ideas hanging up on the wall as well as my current workshop schedule. I have plenty of space to work, hold my stamping and scrapbooking workshops and have friends over to "play." So maybe it took longer than I thought it would and a lot harder work than I thought too, but it is finished and it is a beautiful room and I love sharing it with my customers and friends!








Past Card Workshops

 The cards to the right I created for my September Card Workshop for the attendees to make.  Rather than placing the pumpkins on a square background, I used my Cricut to make a different shape which I also repeated on the sentiment and it's matting.  I especially liked adding the googly eyes on the "Let's Party" card.  But the real winner was the "skull pirate" card.  I stamped it twice, once in Gypsy (the purple) and once in Black.  I cut out only the skull portion of the black piece then glue it on top of the Gypsy piece.  Adding the sparkle to the eye just topped it off!
 The cards at the bottom I created for my Card Workshop in October.  For the Rudolf card, I stamped part of him on a circle tag and then add a red sparkle to his nose for a little bling.  "The Present" card was made using Close to my Heart's new "Olivia" paper and it is really beautiful!  I used the edge distresser and then added some Bitty Brads to the stamped image.  "May the Bounty . . . " card was fun adding the folded rosette behind the pumpkin.  To make that I cut a piece of B&T paper 1 1/4" x 12" and then scored it every 1/4".  Fold it back and forth like a fan, then attach the ends together.  Secure it on the back with a piece of cardstock and using a Glue Dot.

 All supplies are Close To My Heart.