Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tiffany's Baby Shower

I threw a baby shower for my niece Tiffany.  I picked a color scheme (Close to my Heart colors Sweet Leaf and Watermelon) and a theme which was "So Sweet."  Tiffany came over one day and she and Megan helped me put together all of the invitations.  Tiffany knew she was having a girl and they were going to name her Mia.  I found this cute little poem online and changed it a little, then we used the cuttlebug to make the swirl background on the cardstock and used the cricket to make the cute baby face.  I found the cute oven party favor in Splitcoast Stamper and just used the same colors.  I love how it turned out!  I used my Cricut to make the box and then just added all the extra stuff.  Pretty simple and really cute! 


When I was pregnant with my son, Adam, (he's now 20) my mother-in-law sent me a cute diaper cake and I loved it so I knew that I wanted to make one for Tiffany.  I searched online and found tons of cute diaper cakes, but found one with flowers that I just loved and so I created a similar one using the theme colors for the shower.  I think it turned out really cute. 

I had found some really cute flower garland at Pier 1 so we used that to decorate the room too.  We made pink lemonade and put sliced limes in it so it would be in the same color scheme.  Then we had mini brownies, creme puffs and tarts for treats. 
We had the shower at Tiffany's house.  This picture on the left is how the decorations looked before the show.  My daughter, Megan, is on the right and Tiffany, the mom-to-be, is on the left.  I think it turned out really cute and she was really excited, which was the best part!
I had picked a lot of games that included the theme "so sweet," meaning the games included "sweets."  The one that was the funniest, of course, was the guessing of the melted chocolate candy bar in the diaper.  Even the Daddy, David, got into the game sniffing and looking at the candy bars in the diapers trying to figure out which one was which.

Tiffany got some wonderful gifts for baby Mia and we had fun!


No comments: