Saturday, November 12, 2011

Decor Cluster

I bought this "home" picture from Target over a year ago and just didn't know what to do with it.  It had a white background and the little red hearts in the words are what showed up the most.  I really liked it, but didn't really have any red in the house, so I didn't know where to hang it.  Then about 9 months ago I found the door knob plaque, I love the scripture that goes with it so I just had to have it.  But then I had the same problem as with the "home" picture, I didn't know where to hang it.  It was too small to hang it somewhere by itself.

A few weeks ago I had an idea, I went outside and took a picture of our house, printed it up big and in black and white.  Then I took an xacto knife to the back of the "home" picture and cut the back out, put the picture inside and taped it all back up.  I love how it turned out, but I was still unsure what to do next with it.  I saw the door knob plaque and it all came together.
I love creating "clusters" of elements on scrapbook page layouts and so I decided to create a decor cluster with these elements and hang it by our front door.  But I needed at least one more element and I thought some kind of a key would be perfect.  I shopped online looking at different kinds of keys and found this one that has the word "love" etched into it, it was perfect.  I put them all together creating my decor cluster and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments: