Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Close To My Heart Alcohol Markers

This is a card that I had my team make last night at our Unit Meeting.  It is a total copy of one that was made by Allisa Chilton from her blog Rocky Mountain Paper Paper Crafts which I just loved.  I wanted to use the new CTMH alcohol markers.  At our recent convention we received the Cotton Candy base and shade marker set.  I stamped the images with our Black dye based ink.  I have tried both the Archival Black and the Staz-On ink but had problems with smearing, so just stick with the basics.
I had my team color the large flower stamp with the new markers and then the leaves in New England Ivy with our old marker and Tombow Blending pen.  They all agreed that coloring with the new markers was so much more fun.  I started with coloring the whole flower with the base and then added the shading, then with the base again on only a few of the lighter spots for a medium color.  The ribbon is the Color Ready Ribbon that we sponged on New England Ivy ink.  They all had a lot of fun creating the card and thanks again to Allisa for inspiring it!
Pin It

No comments: